Monday, June 01, 2009

My Hometown

Alexandria is the second biggest city in my country, Egypt, and I live in this city. It is a beautiful city, and people there are very kind and polite. Tourists like to visit my city because it is on the sea. When I walk down the Kornash, the largest street, I see the beautiful blue sea and sky, and the beautiful green grass and trees. In the spring, the flowers grow in many colors: yellow, red, and blue. The most beautiful scene is the white birds. In the winter, a very big flock of birds migrates to this place. I watch them while they skillfully fish from the sea. The birds watch the fish, and they wait patiently for a long time. When the fish come to the surface, they fly quickly and catch them. In the fall, the city looks like a very old man because the leaves of the trees fall from the trees. That is my city, and I think it is the most beautiful city in the world.

(Taken from Basic Writing)

1 comment: